At both schools we work closely with any external agencies that we feel are relevant to individual children’s needs
Relevant agencies include the following:
- Support from Local Authority Advisory Team (Please see Suffolk Local Offer suffolk.gov.uk/localoffer)
- County Inclusion Support Service Outreach to support children with a diagnosis of ASD, traits of ASD but no diagnosis, social and communication difficulties, social, emotional and mental health difficulties and all associated behaviours.
- County Resource Outreach for Dyslexia
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Educational Psychology
- Social Services
- The Early Help Team
- School Nurse
- Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS – formerly Parent Partnership) www.suffolk.gov.uk/children-families-and-learning/send-and-the-local-offer/sendiass/sendiass-for-parents-and-carers
- Mental Health Service for Children and Young People in Suffolk (Integrated Delivery Team IDT – formerly CAMHS)
Any discussions with the above professionals include parents and the child as appropriate. Together we review the child’s progress, agree what everyone will do to make learning more effective and set appropriate targets.
Posted in: SEND FAQs