At Fairfield and Colneis we understand that as a parent you are the expert on your child and have a valuable contribution to make regarding your child’s needs and wishes
- We aim to involve you in every decision making process.
- We encourage you to meet with us as often as you feel necessary. Your child’s class teacher will be happy to share information about your child’s progress and listen to what you have to say about what your child is doing at home. We hope that this will make sure that we are doing similar things to support your child at both home and school and that we can share what is working well in both places.
- The Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) is available to meet with you and discuss any worries or concerns you may have.
- All information from outside professionals will be discussed with you so you are aware of any recommendations they have made. If you do not have a face to face meeting with the relevant professional and receive a written report instead, the SENCO will be happy to meet with you and discuss the contents.
- Any homework set will be adjusted to meet your child’s needs and we would appreciate your support in completing it with your child. If you need support or strategies for managing homework with your child then please let school staff know.
Posted in: SEND FAQs