Primary School’s Sports Funding
What is the PE and Sports Premium?
The Government has provided additional funding to support the provision of quality primary PE and school sport from September 2013. The funding was initially for 2 years but has been extended until 2020.
Each school will receive a lump sum plus an additional £5 per pupil. For the academic year 2015-16 Fairfield received approximately £9590 and Colneis approximately £9575. For the current academic year of 2016-2017 Fairfield expects to receive £8895 and Colneis £9735.
Provision in school
At Fairfield and Colneis, we provide a range of high quality Physical Education and a wide range of sport. However, our intention is that this funding will further enhance the current provision in school.
It will be used to ensure that:
- all children benefit regardless of sporting ability
- all children have the opportunity to compete in competitions at some level
- the most able KS2 children are given the opportunity to participate in high level competitions
- staff have access to training opportunities and continued professional development
- the funding will increase the range of sports available to children
- healthy, active lifestyles are encouraged throughout the schools
Our funding in 2015/16 was used in the following way:
At both schools to:
- work with the Ipswich and South Suffolk School Games Membership to further develop sporting skills and compete in Inter-school competitions
- employ sports coaches to introduce and support playground games during lunchtimes and to provide opportunities for children to participate in a variety of alternative sports
- provide places for identified children in sport related after-school and holiday clubs
- to support attendance at CPD events to support whole school development
- to purchase additional curriculum resources to support staff in teaching dance, gymnastics and pilates.
- to fund whole school skipping activities for a Healthy Active Lifestyles week.
- to provide transportation to a range of competitive and developmental sporting events
Updates on outcomes relating to our provision for PE and sport will be provided throughout the school year through the school newsletters and our website.
The impact of the funding will also be reported annually to parents and governors via the school website and termly governors’ meetings.
|To be received on 29/10/15||£5189||£5673|
|To be received on 29/4/16||£3706||£4052|
|To be received on 29/10/16||£5189||£5679|
|To be received on 27/4/17||£3706||£4056|
For further information on how the money is being allocated please click on the links below for our PE and Sports Premium Report 2015-2016 and the PE and Sport Premium Expenditure Plan for 2016-17.