Primary School’s Sports Funding
What is the PE and Sports Premium?
The Government has provided additional funding to support the provision of quality primary PE and school sport from September 2013. The funding was initially for 2 years but has recently been extended until 2020.
Each school will receive a lump sum plus an additional £10 per pupil. Fairfield will receive approximately £17700 and Colneis approximately £19500, for the academic year 2018-19
Provision in school
At Fairfield and Colneis, we provide a range of high quality Physical Education and a wide range of sport. However, our intention is that this funding will further enhance the current provision in school.
It will be used to ensure that:
- all children benefit regardless of sporting ability
- all children have the opportunity to compete in competitions at some level
- the most able KS2 children are given the opportunity to participate in high level competitions
- staff have access to training opportunities and continued professional development.
- the new funding will increase the range of sports available to children.
Our funding in 2018/19 across both schools will be used in the following ways:
- work with the Schools Games Organisation to further develop sporting skills and compete in Inter-school competitions
- release PE subject leaders to observe PE lessons, feedback to staff and share good practice
- employ a sports leader to introduce and support playground games during lunchtimes
- provide places for identified children in sport related after-school and holiday clubs
- provide enrichment opportunities across the school, to all year groups – they will experience new sports and this will lead into some targeted clubs
- purchase resources to support the teaching and learning in all PE lessons
- additional Gym Trail equipment to further develop fine and gross motor control in identified children
- fund training courses for staff in gymnastics to improve subject knowledge and quality of teaching
Updates on outcomes relating to our provision for PE and sport will be provided throughout the school year through the school newsletters and our website.
The impact of the funding will also be reported annually to parents and governors via the school website and termly governors meetings.
For example, for the year 6 cohort 2017/18:
- 89/90 children could swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
- 89/90 could use a range of strokes effectively
- 84/90 could perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations
For further information on how the money is being allocated please click on the links below for our PE and Sports Premium Report 2017-18 and the PE and Sport Premium Expenditure Plan for 2018-19.