Both schools have a strong commitment to continuous staff training and development. We consider it very important to keep up to date with the most recent research and its findings regarding SEN
- Our Headteacher/SENCO is supported by our consultant SENCO who has over 20 years’ experience in the role.
- Our Consultant SENCO is also a qualified Specialist Dyslexia Teacher
- All teachers and support staff have received training in supporting pupils with dyslexia. During 2015 -2016 we participated in the Dyslexia – SpLD Trust training programme.
- One Higher Level Teaching Assistant and several other teaching assistant are ELKLAN trained which means they have had additional training in how to deliver speech and language programmes.
- All teaching assistants have been trained in delivering a range of reading, writing, phonics and maths programmes.
- One teacher is trained as an Every Child A Reader Teacher.
- Three teaching assistants are trained to deliver the Catch Up Numeracy Programme.
- One teaching assistant is trained to deliver the Catch Up Literacy Programme.
- Three teaching assistants are trained to deliver Drawing and Talking Therapy.
- Two teaching assistants are trained as Emotional Literacy Support Assistants (ELSA’s)
- Several teaching assistants are trained to deliver Gym Trails.
- Some teachers and teaching assistants are Makaton trained.
- All staff have received training in supporting children with working memory difficulties.
- All teachers and some teaching assistants have been trained in supporting children with behavioural difficulties.
- Staff receive training to support pupils with medical needs as required.
- A Family Support Worker works across both schools to support families and individual pupils who may be having a difficult time for a whole range of reasons.
- The school has a continuous programme of auditing the skills and expertise of staff and providing the relevant training to fill any gaps identified.
Posted in: SEND FAQs